Pages

the joy of being behind on project life

Thursday 19 June 2014

it's so easy to get stressed out about long term projects.

i don't know anyone whose life is so predictable and structured that they can reliably stay on top of all their responsibilities and hobbies.

the quantity of 'free' time we have ebbs and flows like everything else in life. and that's ok.

when i took up project life, i decided that i would do my best to stay reasonably up to date, but not to beat myself up about falling behind. it's supposed to be fun after all. it's supposed to be relaxing, and restorative to spend time going over pretty photos, playing with lovely paper, and recording thoughts and memories. if it becomes a chore and a drain, it loses a large part of it's value.

the last few months have been really busy at our place, and my project life albums have indeed been one of the first things to get put on the back burner. my last completed spread is a week in march.


but do you know what that means?
when i do get time, i get to sit down and do a whole bunch all at once! that's brilliant! i can put on some music, spread out on the dining table, and really get on a roll. i can immerse myself in all the whole lovely, tactile, colourful process, and really restore that little creative corner of my soul.

that's not something to feel stressed about. that's something to be excited about.

2 comments

  1. This is a really lovely way to look at being behind. I'm so overwhelmed and stressed because I'm behind that catching up has become a chore to me and I'm not enjoying it as much. Your approach is far more sensible and a different way for me to look at this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a change in perspective has to be a good thing, right?
      this is meant to be fun, and i have to remember that x

      Delete