Pages

beginning

Friday 21 February 2014

when i was in my early teens, our family moved cities. it was definitely a good decision for us, and i'm really glad we did it, but at the time, my poor teenaged heart was devastated to leave my friends. to combat this tender grief, i wrote letters.
this afternoon i sat down with my oldest, closest friend, and looked through every letter i sent him wile we were apart. it was funny, and sad, and brought back things that i thought i'd forgotten.

bossy little number, wasn't i?

letters have always been important to me, and since the birth of my son, memory keeping in the form of scrapbooking has also become a big part of my life.

i've been an intermittent journal-writer and poet since my early adolescence too. these are activities that i'm determined to engage with more.

the point of this blog is to bring all of these things together. it is, like most blogs, likely to evolve over time, but for now i plan to share thing that inspire me, as well as my own thoughts, ideas and creations.

i hope it will turn into something beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment